How to keep consistent with your health and fitness goals:
You are 50% more likely to achieve your goals if you write them down according to research conducted by Cecil Alec Mace. The first step in reaching your goals is to write them down. If you have not yet done this, please take a moment to download a goal app to your phone and do this first important step. By doing this, you will increase your chances of success by 50%. Here are some links to find an app to write down and track your fitness goal:
After writing down your goal, I’d love to hear it. Please respond below letting me know what it is.
Here is my progress from my goal to get to 10% or under body fat.
Food Diary <—– Click here to view my food diary for the week
- Chest and Triceps <– Click here to see log of my workout
- 10 burpees in 28 seconds
- 1 mile treadmill run in 6:30
- Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit <— INSANITY Base Kit – DVD Workout
- 15 burpees in 50 seconds
- Back and Biceps <– Click here to see the log
- 20 burpees in 66 seconds
- Decline sit ups, twist with medicine ball
- 1:45 minute plank
- 1 mile treadmill run 6:27
- Insanity Pure Cardio <— INSANITY Base Kit – DVD Workout
- 25 burpees in 1:23
- 100 jump rope
- 10 wide grip pull-ups
Friday afternoon and evening I volunteered at the Ragnar tent for the Yeti bike race expo.
- Legs and Shoulders <– Click here to see a log of my workout
- 30 burpees in 1:47
- Decline Sit-ups with medicine ball twist
- 2 minute plank
- 1 mile treadmill run at home 6:30
On Friday, I was also able to go out on a date with this cute little gal! I think this made me more exhausted than the workout above. She insisted on leading and kept wanting me to lift her.
14 mile run
PROGRESS PICTURE AND STATS
- Weight: 169 lbs was my best for the week, up two lbs
- Waist: 33.75″ down 1.75″ this year.
If I were only monitoring my weight, I could be discouraged that I was consistently up by 2 lbs. I feel it a better indicator to measure my waist. I am down a quarter of an inch in my waist.
Brimming Waist Progress Picture - Week 5
Brimming Waist Progress Picture - Week 0
I’d love to hear your encouragement and feedback. If and when you start noticing an improvement, I would appreciate you sharing this post, commenting below, or subscribing to the blog.
My goals are two fold:
- To get in better shape myself
- Inspire others to do the same
Check out past weeks: